Applicants should be nominated by our contracted Partner universities, and have completed at least one year of university work prior to the participation in the exchange program. Individual applications will not be processed.
Please go to Incoming Exchange Student Online Application to fill out the form during the scheduled period below. Then, print the form out, add the applicant’s signature and submit all the required documents BY POST to the Office of International Affairs at NTNU.
Exchange students can participate in the following programs:
- Regular Academic Programs at NTNU
including undergraduate and graduate courses in all subjects (Please note that some courses with special requirements are upon lecturer’s permission)
- Chinese Language Courses:
Exchange students are welcome to take Mandarin classes offered by the Department of Chinese as a Second Language.
- Summer Session at MTC
Only available upon the agreement and special request from partners’ universities.
- Term Time: Sep. – Jan.
- Application Period: Mar. 1 – Apr. 30
- Term Time: Feb. – Jun.
- Application Period: Sep. 1 – Oct. 31
- Term Time: Jul. – Aug.
- Application Period: upon request
- PS: Please contact us for requesting the Application Form of the special summer session.
- Name: Ms. Chen
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Name: Ms. Chang
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Name: Mr. Lin
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Name: Ms. Wu
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- One original copy of application form, signed and attach 2 passport-size photos.
- Photocopy of applicant’s passport.
Mainland China students please hand in the Application form instead
–holding P.R.C passport: http://www.immigration.gov.tw/ct.asp?xitem=1088275&ctNode=30067&mp=1
–holding Hong Kong/ Macow passport:
- One letter of recommendation written in English or in Chinese.
- One copy of a study plan (approx. 800 to 1000 words) written in English or in Chinese.
- One copy of English official academic transcripts of undergraduate or graduate studies.
- One copy of student ID or enrollment certificate.
Mainland China Student is required to submit the enrollment certificate.
The Availability of on-campus dorm rooms is limited and application is needed.
Rent: USD 70~86/month
Exchange students (students who apply for summer session are not included)need to apply for a “Resident visa” and then transfer to “Alien Resident Certificate (ARC)” within 15 days after arrival. Useful Links:
Visa information- Bureau of Consular Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs
ARC information- National Immigration Agency
We strongly encourage exchange students to purchase 6-month adequate health insurance either from your home country or Taiwan. From the 7th month of the stay, students are required to join National Health Insurance (NHI) held by the Taiwanese government.
Approximately living costs (exclusive housing and insurance: US$220~315/month
Information for Foreigners in Taiwan: +886-0800-024-111 (Local Free Hotline-24 hours)
To Do List After Receiving Admission Letter
Please make sure that you have already gotten appropriate entry VISA.
Please remember to purchase at least 6 months adequate health insurance either from your home country or Taiwan.
Please confirm your Student ID number, accommodation and the contact information of your student buddy. Feel Free to contact your buddy NOW!
Please remember to bring admission letters and at least 3 passport-sized photo with you.
Mind your Visa expired date and remember to apply ARC with 15 days after you arrive.
Please Click HERE for mre information fo ARC application and visa extension
To complete your registration, please visit the following offices
- Office of International Affairs (OIA)
- Mandarin Training Center (MTC)
Selecting courses please get the form in the Office of International Affairs. Submit your course selection sheet to the Curriculum Division and the Registration Division.
Get the keys from dorm reception and do some daily shopping.
You can buy SIM Card at the airport and remember to let OIA know your number.